Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bike Riding on the Island and in Tommy Thomson Park

Three separate bike rides, three excellent adventures. Tommy Thompson Park is a big nature reserve just east of downtown. There's lots of paths to explore, although some of the roads are a bit dicey. The Islands were fantastic as usual. I love the quaint other world feeling of Ward Island, and the light off the water, through the clouds was stunning. Hanlan's Point Beach was quite warm for fall. My second foray into the park was more exploratory, all the way to the lighthouse. When I was on Ward Island, I could see the lighthouse in the park, and I was hoping that it would be vice versa, but the fog was so think, I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of myself. Oh well, maybe next time. I'm busy researching more places to bike ride, although I'm partial to being near the water. :)

No comments: