Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Music Musings

Just got home from the third and final recording session. There were three flutes and one piccolo booked on the gig, so I wasn't very exposed by any means. One of the flute players couldn't attend yesterday's session, so there are at least two pieces on the upcoming CD that you will be able to hear just me.

I do feel I am growing as a player, but I still have so far to go. I'm a little torn about what direction to follow. I attended a symposium for work today, and it was very enlightening. There are so many things I could do, work on my classical singing, take my singing in a whole new direction with jazz, work on my piano chops for work, increase my ability on other instruments and of course work on my flute/piccolo chops. I'm quite inspired by my dear friend, who is hard at work on his own musical endevours.

I had a good concert on Saturday, the pic solos went very well. It was very cool to have Dave Devall (the weather guy from CTV) as the announcer, he was very good. The summer looks busy musically, but we'll see how much I actually do. It's all about the balance!

No comments: