Sunday, September 10, 2006

First week at school

My first week was mixed.

Really good because I love my new job, the kids are great so far, the staff is really fun and I am doing music and drama.

Not as good because I have bursitis in my left knee, due to 9 months of supporting my bum right ankle. There is no elevator at school and I am constantly going up and down stairs as my music room is in the basement, the kindergarten classes are on the main floor and my desk is in a small room on the second floor. I also still do not have my voice back, and it's really hard to sing.

Even though I know I am being too hard on myself I can't help but think that I could be doing an even better job if I were 100% healthy. I love my job so much I just want to do it to the best of my ability.

My physio therapist says it will take time, and I know he is right. But I'm just impatient to feel like me again.

No comments: