Friday, January 31, 2014

January 2014 Books and Movies

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 

As I mentioned in my reveiw of the first Hobbit installment, why in the world was this tiny book turned into three movies? I do love Benedict Cumberbatch and this film has a lot of him as the voice of Smaug, but it just drags on. I honestly don't know how they are going to stretch the story into a third movie. The CGI of the dwarves' cave was pretty cool though.

Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction
Sue Townsend

Pretty good. I'm not sure I've I've actually read the prequel The Cappuccino Years, the last one I remember is when he was living with Pandora in Oxford. I grew up with Adrian Mole, so I really connect with his character, even though he does the dumbest stuff imaginable, has the most misguided opinions and his parents are nuts. I'm glad there is another installment of the series.

No comments: