Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Inspiration

I've been struggling lately with directions, paths to take and the road not followed. Today I went to a really amazing dance workshop (which was more physical theatre based than dance) taught by a woman who trained with Jacques LeCoq in the 60s. I've trained with a number of LeCoq students, but not someone who was at his Paris school when he was there full time. It was quite amazing. I haven't done any physical theatre work (besides the teaching I do) in some time, and it's been a really long time since I've gone down a corporeal expressive journey. It helped me remember what I love most about physical theatre, and that I do miss it. I didn't fully realise, until this evening, how doing that workshop put me in a better mood. The kicker is, I don't have time in my life for music and theatre and a full time job. So again, useful information, but what am I going to do with it? One lifetime just doesn't seem enough.

No comments: