Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blogger's Block

Or should I call it blog aversion.

Maybe it's because I have a few entries unfinished. Maybe it's because I wonder if what I have to say is even worth writing down. Maybe it's because although I have a few readers, it's like a big black void out there.

It's been a while since I've done a progress update.

Health: Holding steady, meds decreased, Metho 5 mls, Humira once monthly - still in drug related remission

Work: Starting at a new place in September. Looking forward to being closer to home and a new work environment.

Fitness: Still working, although had a slump of two weeks due to being too busy. Am trying to increase my 5K time, did my first speed workout today. It was really hard.

Family: Uh, unfortunately, my first response at the moment is, what family? I know it may be temporary, but I feel utterly abandoned at the moment. My friends are my family, but isn't that usually supposed to happen when you're miles away from home?

Mental health: Worrying. A lot of stress and a fair amount of sadness. Too much negative thought. Am trying to adhere to the practice of throwing out these thoughts and holding on to the positive ones.

Relationships: Trying to have a better one with myself, but it's not going very well at the moment, which is most likely the real reason behind the bloggers block. Am disengaging from a key relationship in my life which seems to be dragging me down. Others are disengaging from me. On the whole, not feeling great about this topic.

Wow, this is a depressing entry. There's a lot of truth to the fact that people tend to blog more when they are up then when they are down. But the down entries are important for reflection and self improvement.

Here's to better days, and better posts.

No comments: