Saturday, March 14, 2009

Running, not running, slow downs, technical difficulties...leading to my first bike ride of the season!

Today was a very interesting day. As far as being the first day of March Break, it finished off well, which was great.

But let's go back a bit.

Last Wed, tried to go for a run on the treadmill. Got an awful pain in my left shin and had to stop. I know about shin splints, but of course, didn't think it would happen to me. I was pretty shocked when I literally couldn't keep running. I knew it was something though, because I was thoroughly warmed up and stretched out thanks to a gentle Hatha yoga class 30 minutes prior.

Then my iPod shuffle died. Totally kablooie! Downloaded the restorer from Apple and still no joy. So I have to get a new iPod before I can go out again.

So, I decided to go for a bike ride. I knew that I would have to do a little work before I could hit the road, as my back tire nozzle was busted, and the tires were flat. So I took it to the bike shop, where there was a two hour wait for my teeny part replacement. So I waited at the bucks of the star and made a few phone calls. At about 4:30pm went back to the shop and $13.95 later, I was back on the road.

I went to my usual haunting ground, Tommy Thomson Park at the Leslie Street Spit. It was a balmy 4 degrees, and my butt is a little sore :), but it was glorious. I love my bike!

But I have to get back to running, if I'm going to do that 5K.

No comments: