Sunday, June 15, 2008

An Emotional Day

Whew, sometimes life can throw you a doozy. Between my grandmother is in the hospital recovering from emergency spinal surgery, my mom is not doing very well, and work, the stress levels are rising. Which is why I do yoga, but today, my emotions just wouldn't be subdued. We had to do some partner work today, and while the instructor was demonstrated, I guess I decided unconciously that I wouldn't be able to do it. So when I tried, that's just what happened. And then everything just came pouring out. The instructor has seen everything, and was very supportive. It was a little embarrasing to cry in front of the other yoga goers, but I'm not sorry it happened, as it was a new experience and I learned something from it. I know I'm sometimes more than a little frustrated at my limitations in yoga, and it does seem that, often times, I'm the only one who isn't able to do a move. It's a huge challenge to try and accept my body the way it is working on any given day, and not pass judgement or compare myself to others. The day was rounded off by visiting my grandfather, which was a bit sad because he is really living a life of isolation, with his increasing deafness, and my grandmother in the hospital. I'm happy to report that she is doing better, although she is still on bed rest. They can't move her to rehab until her wound has healed. I feel quite drained, but hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: