Friday, July 06, 2007

Arthritis Update

Haven't posted about this in a while, but it's because I've been feeling so much better. Still a touch stiff in the the mornings when I've not been getting enough rest or over exerting myself, but my pain is much diminished and my stomach is more or less back to normal. My last visit to Dr. Jamal on May 2nd saw an up in my dose of Methotrexate to one full cc. Generally, any new drugs/dosages take full effect in 3 months. My next appointment is July 31, so I still have almost a month to go. I'm hopeful that this will kick me over the edge into remission as my wrists are the only joints that are swollen. I still can't weight bear though, which is disappointing. I went for a mini run (30 minutes) of 2s and 1s on the treadmill yesterday and survived. The bursitis in my left knee has flared up though, so I think running is still not yet in the cards. Oh, well, back in the pool I guess. I've found that I'm able to bike ok, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it everyday. Still in the testing stage. All in all, good progress made and keeping positive about maximum improvement.

No comments: