Saturday, April 14, 2007

An Afternoon at the Theatre

Lucy
CanStage - Berkeley Street Theatre

Had the opportunity to see this show last minute and am I glad I did. Excellent cast, writing and topically relevant. The play explores autism and interaction with the story of an autistic child, Lucy, who moves in with her estranged mother. It was funny, touching and thought provoking. The actor playing Lucy (Meg Roe) was phenomenal. I'm looking forward to seeing her in other things. I found it very relevant because this year I have two autistic children in my classes. Autism is a broad spectrum exceptionality so these children respond to myself and my program in various ways and sometimes not at all. I wish I had know about it beforehand, as I would have mentioned it to others at school. A very enjoyable Saturday afternoon.

No comments: