Saturday, July 15, 2006

Movies

The Davinci Code

So I read the book then saw the movie. Ummmm, not horrible, but not great. Tom Hanks was not the Robert Langdon I had envisioned. Audrey Tautou needs to stick to acting in French. Oh, and on that note, the French was not the same as the English subtitles! Ian McKellan was great, as was Jean Reno and Alfred Molina. I wonder if it would have been more confusing without having read the book. They changed a bunch of things which was too bad as they were better left unchanged.

The Devil Wears Prada

Really fun! I didn't read the book before hand, because I didn't want to compare it and be disappointed. I love Glen Close, and Anne Hathaway and Stanley Tucci were great too. The boyfriend story line was a little lame. The fashions were fantastic, made me want to go shopping. I would definitely see it again.

No comments: