Saturday, March 25, 2006

Figure Skating

I'm watching the women's long program for the 2006 Worlds. It's reminding me of how much I miss skating. Skating was a sport that I didn't give up before I broke my ankle, I actually had to give it up because of expense. I had to get orthotics for my shoes and subsequently would have had to get orthotics for my skates. Since the orthotics are custom made for skates, it wouldn't have made any sense to put them into my old boots which were starting to break down. So basically I was looking at about $1500 in new skating equipment. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if my ankle will be able to take it again, but if am successful in going back to highland dancing then it will. And of course, I live right next to the rink that I skate at, so that's another pull factor.

No comments: