Saturday, January 12, 2008

Taking stock

This would be the time when, if I had made any resolutions in January of 2007, I would check to see if I had stuck to any of them. Since I didn't make any, I'll just take stock of my life as it is today, January 12th, 2008.

Health

Pretty good. The Humira is working wonders, I can do things I haven't been able to do in a year, such as lifting weights and wrist supporting yoga stances. Youpppie! I still have slight tenderness in my wrists, especially when I do an out of the ordinary repetitive hand movement like playing the same musical line over and over again on the piano for my students.

Job

Ummmm, better now that I've decided to not sweat the small stuff. I'm frustrated that I am not able to effect more change, but I have to let it go, or else I'm going to drive myself bonkers. Pretty dissatisfied and looking forward to the postings in April.

Relationships

I'm developing a better one with myself, which is very positive. In the nearly six weeks since the break up, I am amazed with the difference I see in myself. It's like it was a bonk on the head kind of wake up call that I needed to really address the things within myself that I want to improve.

I'm very grateful for the support I've received from friends and family. I don't know how I would get through this tough time without them.

Home

Still need to paint and do the floors, but that's just not a financial priority at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to do it soon.

So there you have it. New year, new start, new lilies on the plant that was one of my teacher xmas gifts. Hopefully it's a good sign.

No comments: