Tuesday, August 08, 2006

August long weekend

In lieu of any real holiday this summer I tagged along with John on a business trip to New Jersey. We left TO on Thursday morning and arrived in NJ at about 5pm. The hotel, in beautiful Mahwaw (lol) was about an hour train ride to the city (NYC). We headed in for dinner and walked around Times Square. It was unbelievably muggy and hot. The temp read 102F, which I think is around 40C. The next day John had his meeting and it was off to New Haven to visit Halima, one of my best buds from Goldsmiths. I've never been to New Haven before, even though I've been going to Conneticut for 30 years. Went out and partied on the Friday night, and walked around Yale on Saturday. I wanted to go to the beach, but there was no time, so I settled for an outlet mall. We made it to my cousin's place outside of Hartford and went to a BBQ at her friend's home. The next day we had lunch with some more relatives and left for the T dot around 4pm. We hardly stopped at all and made it back in a realtively quick 8.5 hours. The drive was a little tiring, but it was really nice to get away for a bit.

No comments: