Saturday, May 13, 2006

Booky Saturday

The Second Summer of the of the Sisterhood
Ann Brashares

Really good as well. I even almost cried a little! At a young peoples book! That's saying something for the writing. I am definitely attached to these characters. I was shocked and a little saddened with the direction she took with some of the characters, but it definitely made for good material. I'm looking forward to reading the third book. I read it so fast that now I am a little disappointed that I have to wait to read about them again.

I do think the subject material is getting a bit more mature and obviously the girls are getting a year older with every passing summer. I worry about my 12/13 year old students being confused by some of the ideas presented here, and not being able to talk to anyone about them. Hopefully they will have someone to talk to, or even talk to me.

Still haven't seen the movie, I'm thinking I don't want to see it until I read the third book.

Off to the St. Lawrence market and to get a latte.

No comments: