Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 2010 Books and Movies

Three in a Bed
Carmen Reid

Hands down, the worst Carmen Reid book I've read so far. Enough to possibly turn me off her work for good. This time, the protagonist, Bella is a career woman who is desperate for a baby. She secretly gets pregnant, drinks and smokes throughout the entire term, and of course, has a baby with no problems. She herself isn't able to adjust as perfectly to motherhood, and then there's a little infidelity thrown in for good measure. Needless to say, I didn't like the plot and the whole book felt completely indulgent, like she was trying to tell the world how bad pregnancy can be. Definitely not for me. I had so much trouble finishing this book that I had to renew it 3 times and only managed to read one book this month. May have something to do with my crazy busy schedule though... :)

No comments: