Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex and the City: The Movie

Of course this movie deserves it's own blog posting! :)

Though no movie, no matter how great, can replace the familiarity of one's favorite TV show, I can safely say that I was pleased with the end result last night. Were there some cheesy lines, liberties with characters and full out plot holes? Absolutely! But it was great to catch up with the "girls", see some amazing fashion and fall in love with NYC all over again. I wouldn't be sad if they decided to relaunch SATC as a show about women in their 40s, but then again, they do already have Lipstick Jungle for that. I'm definitely a Big and Carrie fan, so I had a good cry at several intervals. A lot of critics are saying that Jennifer Hudson was weak, but I quite liked her and the soundtrack she contributed. I consider myself to be almost a devotee to the show, and was quite prepared to hate the movie if it paled in comparison to the show. I was pleasantly surprised and will be buying the DVD to add to my collection and of course, for the extras. For die hard SATC fans, this movie will slightly disappoint, but over all, Michael Patrick King did a good job, and hopefully we'll see a sequel soon.

Or a second run of the show....please, pretty please with a cherry on top? :)

No comments: