Saturday, May 10, 2008

Eat Pray Love

I've decided to give this book its very own blog entry because of the sheer impact it has had on me while reading it. To date, Eat Pray Love is the most influential book I have ever read. It spoke directly to my stomach, brain and heart. Elizabeth Gilbert's writing style had me laughing out loud and crying gut wrenching tears. There is something for everyone here, and certain parts of this book spoke to me so clearly, I actually book marked them, (page 65, pages 148-151 and page 178) something I have never done before. It's inspired me to continue with my yoga, embrace daily meditation and experience fully the simple pleasures of life. Although I wouldn't consider myself to be searching so much for a spiritual experience with God the way she did, it has brought up more and more questions of that nature for me. I've been very comfortable for over 15 years with my agnostic borderline atheist beliefs. I wonder if it's a temporary by-product of reading the book, or if this will kick start a deeper spiritual study. The book has definitely solidified some plans for my year off. I will go to Italy to see all the parts I have yet to see, and I will go to India. I'm so glad I read this book, for me, it is a bookshelf classic, destined to be read again and again.

No comments: