Friday, October 12, 2007

I love my bike!

I biked 27.6 km today! (Yes I calculated it using google maps, I just had to know.) My route to school is 8.3 km so I bike 16.6 everyday I go to school by bike. This week has been a poor showing, as it threatened to rain everyday, but I did ride today and yesterday. Today I went a few more places than usual. I guess the most grueling part of my ride to school is that it is up Kingston Road every morning. Some days are better than others, that is for sure! Love the ride home, coasting down that big hill. Did I mention I love riding my bike? It's great to be alone with your thoughts, not zoned out in a book or with your iPod. Of course, there are some downsides: cars, pollution, severe head winds, inclement weather, but it's rewarding to get around on your own speed. I'm going to be sad when the snow comes!

No comments: