Monday, July 02, 2007

Great Canada Day long weekend!

Friday Night:

Volunteered at the Delfeyeo Marsalis/ Joshua Redman show at the TD Toronto Jazz Festival. Got to meet Delfeyeo, he was very nice. What a player, he did this magical rendition of What a Wonderful World, it was stunning. Then went on to The Rex to see Emilie Claire Barlow. What a show! She is one of my favorite singers, I just loved her rendition of Gentle Rain.

Saturday

Went to Gary's 60th bash in Port Perry. Great food, cute town, lot of fun. There is a minutures/dollhouse store there that I have to check out the next time I'm there.

Sunday

Played in a massed band to open the new BMO Soccer Stadium. Love cool gigs like this, where I get to go to places I wouldn't ordinarily be able to walk across. The field is really a great addition to Toronto's sports scene.

Monday

High tea at the Fairmont Royal York. Tres chic! They've gone back to a traditional tea, circa 1907. Until recently they've been doing an Asian Fusion tea that I had wanted to try, but maybe they'll bring it back someday. Nevermind, I love the trad tea so much and have only been to the one at the King Eddy. Afterwards, took a ferry ride to Centre Island and walked to Hanlan's Point. Haven't been to the islands in a while, so it was a lovely finish to the afternoon after all that rich tea food.

No comments: